As of Friday, American Airlines and British Airways (and I suppose Iberia, too) finally made their membership in the oneworld alliance closer to equal footing: Prior to Friday, you couldn’t earn or spend AA miles on trans-Atlantic BA flights...

Read More »


Downgraded: Toyotas in rental car fleets Bad enough that Toyota’s massive recall is affecting so many vehicle owners. But it’s affecting rental cars, too. Enterprise, for example, has removed 83% of their Toyotas, but that leaves 17%...

Read More »

05
Jan
2010

Japan’s most famous (and, recently, most beleaguered) airline, JAL, has apparently opted to leave the oneWorld alliance for SkyTeam. Viewed through an USA-based frequent flyer lens, that’s a win for Delta (and potentially those who...

Read More »

09
Mar
2009

Alliances of global airlines — oneworld, Skyteam, and Star Alliance — are under attack. Attached to proposed legislation to upgrade the air traffic control system, a new proposal could be the death knell for the alliances — or...

Read More »


Downgraded: Uses of college budgets I know that baggage fees suck, but is refunding students who fly back to school their $15 or $25 baggage fees really the best use of college funds? Downgraded: “Fakeproof” passports I love stories...

Read More »


Upgraded: Government bloggin’, government surveillance Move over, Kip Hawley! Now there’s something bloggier! Hawley’s boss, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, has started a blog. No, wait, it’s a...

Read More »